LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Smruthi   04 May 2017

Marital problem

my husband and I are living sarately. He says he doesn't want to see my face. He is not ready for counselling. If I ask him to meet me in lawyer's office for divorce under mutual consent, he doesn't agree for that too..Has blocked my calls and I don't where he is presently residing. Occasionally when I get opportunity to talk to him, he provokes me to put a police case against him. Please help on how to convince him for counselling. Can I directly approach women police officers to help me in convincing him to counselling?


 7 Replies

Mukesh sharma (job )     05 May 2017

Hello Smurthi first you will decide you want to live with him or not if yes than you go to court and file case in sec 13 HMA and court will send notice to  present in court 

other if he not ready to live with you than why you call him for lawyer office counselling go for divorce and file case in court with maintaince in sec 125 


laxmi kant joshi (instructor)     05 May 2017

First ofall visit his place with all your and his respected relatives and arrange a meeting there with him and sort out an amicable solution and then follow that , secondly if he didn't want to live with you and wants divorce and you too not want to live with him then go for mcd , if he is not ready but you want divorce then file contested divorce case in the court .

FREDYCHARLES RK - Bangalore (Advocate)     05 May 2017

Dear Autohide,

The Combo package is eye catching , but how 307?


A.V.Pattanashetti (Advocate)     05 May 2017


SURESH NAKRA (NIL)     05 May 2017

please explain what is 406,377,& 506

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     06 May 2017

Approaching police will spoil the possibilities of reconciliation. You file Restitution of Conjugal Rights under HIndu Marriage Act or Right to Residence under DV Act. These are civil matters where police don't involve. You can file for maintenance alongwith RCR petition similarly CrPC 125 (maintenance) alongwith Right to Residence petition under DV Act.

A walk alone (-)     10 May 2017

As you say "He says he doesn't want to see my face." It appears counseling will not work. Better file divorce and get rid of him forever.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query