Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Major parking issue in my society (andheri,mumbai)

Page no : 2

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     07 March 2014

How many cars (including those parked outside) are there  in your Society? How many buildings and how many flats are there in your Society?  Please give number of flats under each of the following categories:

(1)   Up to 377 sq. ft carpet area.

(2)   378 to 484 sq. ft. carpet area.

(3)   485 to 753 sq. ft. carpet area.

(4)   More than 753 sq. ft. carpet area.

How many car parking slots are there? Give “under the stilt” and  “in the open”  separately.

What is the total number of cars? How many of them are owned by single car owners?

Are there members owning more than one parking slot? Have they got equal number of cars also?

How exactly do you want to proceed? Do you want all ownerships of parking slots abolished and all the parking slots allotted by the Society to car owning members in a fair manner?

Allotting car parks in a fair manner would involve first allotting one parking slot to each member. If there are parking slots left after the first round, such parking slots will be allotted to second cars in the second round. If there are still vacant slots it will be the turn of third cars and so on.  At any round, if  the number of eligible cars exceed the number of slots available, decision by taking lots will have to be resorted to.  Also allotments will have to be rotated annually. This is according to Model Bye-laws and not my opinion.

If you want my opinion as to where you stand vs. a. vs the Supreme Court judgment, I shall give it after you answer the above questions

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     07 March 2014

How many cars (including those parked outside) are there  in your Society? How many buildings and how many flats are there in your Society?  Please give number of flats under each of the following categories:

(1)   Up to 377 sq. ft carpet area.

(2)   378 to 484 sq. ft. carpet area.

(3)   485 to 753 sq. ft. carpet area.

(4)   More than 753 sq. ft. carpet area.

How many car parking slots are there? Give “under the stilt” and  “in the open”  separately.

What is the total number of cars? How many of them are owned by single car owners?

Are there members owning more than one parking slot? Have they got equal number of cars also?

How exactly do you want to proceed? Do you want all ownerships of parking slots abolished and all the parking slots allotted by the Society to car owning members in a fair manner?

Allotting car parks in a fair manner would involve first allotting one parking slot to each member. If there are parking slots left after the first round, such parking slots will be allotted to second cars in the second round. If there are still vacant slots it will be the turn of third cars and so on.  At any round, if  the number of eligible cars exceed the number of slots available, decision by taking lots will have to be resorted to.  Also allotments will have to be rotated annually. This is according to Model Bye-laws and not my opinion.

If you want my opinion as to where you stand vs. a. vs the Supreme Court judgment, I shall give it after you answer the above questions

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register