Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

fightingforjustice (none)     30 August 2014

Madras high court judgement:hiding impotence before marriage

Hi Experts,

Can anyone provide the judgement copy for the recent judgement of Madras Highcourt related to below news:

https://www.ndtv.com/article/india/consider-punishment-for-those-hiding-impotence-before-marriage-madras-high-court-583412

Thanks.

Learning

4 Replies

Prasad (Systems Engineer)     30 August 2014

Total non sense.

In our society, most of the woman and man start the s*xual life only after marriage.

How will a man know whether he is impotent before marriage?

If he himself does not know, how will his family know whether he is impotent?

And doctors clearly say that this is just a medical condition that is completely manageable.

If a man does not know about his impotency problem [if any] before marriage, how is it considered "hiding"?

Illogical.

If man has to have medical proof for his potency, should the woman has to have proof for her fertility?

There are many cases where the couple cannot have child because of woman's infertility.

How many times we have heard a man divorcing a wife for being infertile?

All these cases of impotency are filed by crooked woman guided by her ill minded lawyers, to humiliate a man.

These women think that their husbands will not even come to court if such an allegation is made.

Shameless woman.

If court wants proof for potency, what about other diseases like diabetic, heart disease etc..?

Should it not, then, every woman and man produce complete medical record before marriage along with horoscope and bio-data?

great india (manager)     01 September 2014

Agreed . The court should pass a potency criteria for all and fertility tests for both. Law should be unbiased. Premariatal s*x is not eyed happily in our society so why such judgement....??? If so then what for females who rupture their hymens in acciedents.... If they fail to inform husbands If they fail to perform s*xual interactions.... Who is to be blamed then......????

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 September 2014

This news reported in a column of press is not judgement, wait for it and then conclude on it.

fightingforjustice (none)     09 September 2014

I agree with Mr T. Kalaiselvan. Until we go through the actual judgement we cannot conclude anything from the news. Can anyone help me in finding out the respective judgement.

And one more thing would like to add, before that would like to clarify that I am not supporting misuse of law. But just try to think that why do we have gender biased laws? Is it due to the gender biased rules (pratha) we have as part of our society? Or anything else?

I think if we had a rule in society that girls side can ask for dowry to boy side then law should have taken care of this aspect.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register