Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ro (VP)     11 March 2015

Made to relocate at own cost and now no job

Hi,

my father was offered a job in Pune by a company, they asked him to resign his current job in Chennai and relocate to Pune. when he relocated to Pune and called the employer before the joining date he was told to wait for a few days, those days translated to months and now its over a year. Then the employer told him that now the company cannot afford to hire him hence there is no job. there was no offer letter as this job was arranged by my fathers ex boss. both the ex boss and employer are now avoiding taking his calls.

there was a lot of communication via sms between the employer and my father, however we have lost those sms from the phone,

we understand that there is no written contract to sue the employer, however, the employer has been using my fathers name on his website. (my father is a retired army officer and is a well know personality in his industry in the south region of India)

can we sue the employer on grounds of false employment, or can we sue him on grounds of misusing my fathers name for business without his written consent.

Ideally we would want the employer brought to books for cheating an honest man who has served the country for 30 years, we are not expecting any financial gain as we are well off, however we want the employer to be punished for causing inconvenience to my father at this age.

hope someone can advise me at the earliest as I have to go to my job abroad

Regards,

Ro

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 March 2015

You may engage an able lawyer specializing in criminal law, Labor Laws/service Matters or a law firm........

The record of SMS can be called for in court by court.

Call recordings can also be an evidence.................

Call log data from bills can be provided.

Screen shots from website can be provided.

A smart lawyer may succeed to build from bits and pieces.

What was the position offered to the father?

What was the salary offered?

What is this establishment: Commercial or Industrial?

How many employees are employed in it?

The redg. office of the company is in which state

Can't your father arrange a meeting and record audio/visual and build irrefutable evidence?

Is he a member of any employee's/trade unions?

Is he member of any such forum/club etc that can attain a handle on this employer?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register