Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Surya   26 April 2023

Lost empty signed documents in bank locker

Dear experts

What will happens if we keep empty non-judicial documents with bottom signatures of a property owner inside a bank locker and lost them in locker itself.

Are we allowed to give a legal police complaint and fight for them ? or legally we cant do as we dont have any proof of them that we kept them inside the locker.

What are your views

Regards

Learning

9 Replies

Siddhi   26 April 2023

If you have details of such blank signed documents you can lodge police complaint and obtain the copy from local police station.

It won't stop use of these documents but can defend yourself against their misuse. But how documents were stolen and have you lodged complaint with the bank. If not why?
1 Like

Surya   26 April 2023

Thank you for the response....What if they registered it in this meanwhile time when I am checking for evidences ?  will the registeration proves valid ?

Shashank Sharma (Student)     26 April 2023

Last Week, I reached a bank for solving technic issue of sharing a payment. so my father's requested to me to check out the why did he get any notification of their ac detail because when he was reading a gazette notification for name change msg then he remembered that does not received any msg from the bank.

P. Venu (Advocate)     26 April 2023

The facts posted are less than convincing!

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 April 2023

Just signing a blank non judicial stamp paper will not entitle the holder of the paper to get something written and register in his favor.

The registering authority would require both the party to the registration present before him with their identity particulars.

However with the details of the lost NJS paper, you may lodge a complaint with the police  which will be helpful if you happen to face any legal case in future in this regard

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 April 2023

I concur with expert Mr.T Kalaiselvan to the extent that signing a blank non judicial stamp paper will not entitle the holder of the paper to get something written and register in his favor. The registering authority would require both the party to the registration present before him with their identity particulars.

However, incomplete and vague information cannot lead to form proper opinion and oblige.

Surya   28 April 2023

Hi, I agree to the below fact that both the parties should be present at the time of registration of this. But, there is one more thing that I have lost my aadhaar cards a couple of times in the past 5 months of time. Will they use the aadhaar card in any such manner to make this registration to be happened? Not sure..

The registering authority would require both the party to the registration present before him with their identity particulars.

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 April 2023

The further posting makes the querist's all the more unconvincing. It appears that he intends to test the credibility  story of the missing stamp papers and the further episode of lost Aadhar Cards (thaty too, a couple of times) so that the said episodes could be pleaded as an alibi in some context, may be a court case!

Surya   29 April 2023

Thank you Venu for answering my question with quite a good explanation !!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register