Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ravindranth (company secretary)     05 July 2010

Loss of Orignal Sale Deed

Hi Friends

i need an expert opinion on the below query.

i i lost the original sale deed copy while travelling. i have a xerox copy with me. Now i want to sell the propery. The buyer is asking for the Original copy.

How can i sell the property with the copies avaialble with me?  i have taken a EC, whcih shows my name.

How can i convince the buyer to buy the property without the orignal sale deed

request you to give your valuable suggestions

Learning

3 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     05 July 2010

Give a police complaint and get a reciept from them to show that the sale deed has been lost. Then get a certified copy of the sale deed from the sub registrar office. I think you can get a certified copy without a police complaint too, but it is better you have a reciept for a complaint.

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     05 July 2010

Yes follow the advice of Suchitra Madam and do not forget to file police complaint. Also there used to be a declaration for lost deed, but it is optional.

jai (manager)     06 July 2010

Hi, i have lost my land original sale deed copy while shifting my house.  i have given a complaint at nearest police station and after few days they given me a certificate that could not trace my document.

i have visited land registrar office from where i got a photo copy of my sale deed with a stamp on that as certified true copy, I was been updated later on that I cannot use these documents for  any bank loan or sales transaction.

Can any one suggest me how to create an legally valid document  to use in place of original for any transaction of bank loan purposes / reselling.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register