Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

LIVIN CAN BE OFF ANYTIME: DELHI HC

Page no : 2

Renuka Gupta ( Gender Researcher )     22 August 2010

@ Sivani

A very well written and analytical piece Sivani. Please keep posting. 

RG

1 Like

@ Arup ji again

You talked about Hindu culture, where Rajas and Zamindars etc. etc. had live in relationship. A patriarchal culture would allow it at the cost of wedded woman's dignity. Were Rani's and wives of Zamindars also allowed to have live in relationship? Certainly not. 

How one can solemnise an extra marital relationship as per Christian marriage laws, without divorcing the first wife? Your post is not very clear on that. As per my understanding it is not possible at all. An extra marital relationship comes under the category of adultery, then how adulterous relationship can be solemnised by Church or Special marriage Act? If I have not read your posting correctly, you may like to point it out. 

RG

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     22 August 2010

@ renuka ji,

please read my writtings. you have not gone through properly.

@ Arup Ji

Ok sure. I may not have read properly.

RG

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     22 August 2010

thanks renuka ji. please read.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     23 August 2010

Marriage is an essential ‘sanskar’ for Hindus. It is a sacrament. In past it was treated as a ‘tie’ between the two spouses which cannot be ‘untied’. But at present, marriage can be untied by way of ‘divorce’ or ‘annulment’ or by the way of ‘Null and Void’. Hindu marriages broadly classified into eight types.

(1) Brahma.    (2) Daiva.              (3) Arsha.             (4) Prajapatya.

(5) Gandharva.      (6) Asura.       (7) Rakshasa.  (8) Pisacha.

The marriages solemnized according to the religious rites of a Hindu, by way of gifting the bride to the bridegroom, forms the ‘Prajapatya’ marriage.

The form of ‘Gandharva’, is also equally popular. The voluntarly union of a male and a female is called as ‘Gandharva’ marriage.

Live in or live together gets religious sanction from this form of marriage.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register