25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Girija Gupta (NA)     28 July 2013

Legal separation from parent


I am a major (age >18 years) and am financially independent. I am not interested in one of my parent’s assets or activities. How can the legal separation be achieved? Please advice.

Moderator, If this is not the right forum for this question, kindly transfer to the appropriate forum.

Thank You


 2 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     29 July 2013

Dear Girija

There is two options

1. file a suit for declaration before civil court and get a decree from court.

2. Published your declaration in two Leading newspaper with affidavit

1 Like

Girija Gupta (NA)     29 July 2013


Option two seems preferrable. Could you please provide details about the affidavit, content, to whom it should be addressed etc. etc.

Should this affidavit be published in the newspapers? Should the publication be at national level or at state level?

What should be the contents of the declaration in the newspapers? Please guide.

Thank you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query