LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

davepooja55 (legal adviser )     18 June 2011

Legal Professional

I am a legal advisor in a company. I want to start my own law firm.  But before that I wish to gain some formal knowledge about managing a law firm and my business associates. Is there any course related to law and management?

Learning

4 Replies

Pranab Chakraborty (Administrtative Manager)     18 June 2011

Dear Sirs/Madame,

I am an exserviceman, presently working in State Bank of India as Assistant.

There are previleges to the exserviceman as per the govt rules.

I want to know it detials.

Will you please help in this .

Treat as urgent.

Regards,

Pranab Chakraborty

Nitin Kotian (Advocate)     18 June 2011

Hi ,

I would suggest before u start ur own law firm u assist a senior lawyer atleast for 1 year, so that u get accustomed to appear before the honorable court(assuming u are doing a inhouse job). In the meantime u would learn how to speak with a prospective client, learning how to argue a matter, taking cross examinations etc..

Adv Nitin Kotian

sripartha (advocate )     18 June 2011

Dear davepooja55

I am a advocate and I have a law firm in pondicherry, I would like to express my opinion about starting a law firm, first of all you must have minimum 3 or more advocates to run a law firm because, you will be getting heavy work, you will not be able to handle it alone . kindly appoint male lawyers so that they can travel to long distance courts, or courts outside your state to contest the case.  Second hire a good place for office, as for a law firm, the office attracts the clients, especially companies, expect a huge office with books and other facilities to give their case to them,  thirdly purchase high speed laser printers and computer for you office, as ordinary printer may consume time in your busy schedule, so purchase high speed printers. Fourthly, advertisement, publish your office and your successful cases, in internet and other sources, only with help of advertisement you can  gain lots of clients, without which noting is possible. Fifthly, have a fixed and  permanent fee structure, which helps the clients to assess your fees structure and give cases if they feel that you have less fees than other office.

Individual practice is easy but law firm is not as easy as you think, you have to invest a lot and gain profit a lot,  you must develop a good knowledge in law other wise you firm will loose reputation, you have to take all types of cases other wise your office will be branded like civil case office,  or criminal case office or family case office, which will reduce your clients, if possible start your branch office in different states in India. All the a above facts are my opionion about stating an law firm, you have to take iwhats good and leave the rest.ok and all the best davepooja55 for starting the law firm.

kruti patel (hr manager)     20 June 2011

hii...i was looking for the same and then i came across Business Management for Legal Professionals offered by Welingkar Institute of Management, Matunga. It caters to the legal industry and its management very well.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register