LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Triparnasengupta   01 August 2017

Legal heirship certificate

I LIVE IN KOLKATA.MY DAD PASSED AWAY LAST YEAR 2016,leaving me and my mother as the only legal heir.I want to submit my father's return for A.Y 2017-18,as legal heir being my mother.But the income tax department is asking for legal Heir ship certificate and they have rejected my application twice as i have submitted an affidavit with first class magistrate.I just want to know how can i get hold of such certificate and the concerned authority i have to approach.Thanking you,triparna

Learning

8 Replies

(Guest)

In the recent past i have been able to successfully file a return for my deceased parent, as a Legal Hier by submitting the scanned copy of below documents

1. Surviving Member certificate issues by Tahsildar

2, Original death certificate

3. PAN card of both myself and the deceased.

I did not face any problems after submitting the above documents

Triparnasengupta   02 August 2017

Thank you for the information..but what is tehsildar ??what is equivalent to tehsildar in a metropolitan city like kolkata.As there is no tehsildar in Kolkata.

(Guest)

Approach the nearest Municipal Corporation office in Kolkatta who will guide you to reach the right authority. Seems it is handlelled by MRO (Mandal Revenue officer) in West Bengal

https://www.wikiprocedure.com/index.php/Kolkata_-_Obtain_a_Family_Member_Certificate

thank you,will approach  the Muncipal Corporation.

can you upload your surviving member certificate or can you just tell me the format of such certificate,so that i can convey my need to theMuncipal Corporation Authority,as officers over here is not able to understnd what i am saying..Thanking You.

(Guest)

Its strange that Muncipal authorities say like that. Did you ask about Tehsildar office ? Tehsildar office is there across all city's and Towns. The Surviving family member certificate format is not uniform. It is known by various names. Some call it as WARSA Certificate, some call it as Family Tree Certificate.

Did you refer to WikiProcedure ? Rather approaching Govt. Office, you can enquire with a NOTARY nearby who can tell what exactly you need and where will it be available. 

Triparnasengupta   03 August 2017

ok will do that way..and then will let you know rajesh ji

Abhishek Chatterjee   30 November 2017

I LIVE IN KOLKATA.MY DAD PASSED AWAY LAST YEAR 2016,leaving me and my mother as the only legal heir.I want refund re-issue and e-filling of 17-18 FY,as legal heir being my mother.But the income tax department is asking for legal Heir ship certificate and they have rejected my application  as i have submitted an affidavit with first class magistrate and resident proof & family survival certificate from local KMC counsillor. But still my request got rejected. I just want to know how can i get hold of such certificate and the concerned authority i have to approach.

Thanking you,Abhishek

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register