LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karthik Krishnamoorthy (Analyst)     21 February 2015

Legal heirship certificate

My dad has deceased in 2012 and I have received my legal heirship certificate from the local Tahsildar's in the same year.

However, as per the instruction of my dad's employer the original legal heirship certificate has been produced to Provident Fund office at Chennai for the claim purpose. And as per PF office officials it was mandatory to produce the original certificate for processing the claim and we have received the claim. But they did not give back the original legal heirship certificate.

What I have only is an attested copy of the legal heirship certificate which is attested by Tahsildar. I have contacted Tahsildar and as per him the original certificate will only be issued once.

What are the legal procedures to get a new certificate? Or is attested copy valid for government and non government purpose?

Please help...

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     21 February 2015

You can obtain duplicate certificate from the Tahsildar. Apply for it. or else submit an application to PF office to return back the original and submit attested xerox copy

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     21 February 2015

You can go for another oneby applying before the tahasildar.

Karthik Krishnamoorthy (Analyst)     22 February 2015

Thanks a lot for the reply. If I didn't get back the original legal heirship certificate from PF office, then can I use the attested one (attested by Tahsildar) for any government purpose? As our Tahsildar is ready to give another attested copy but not another original.

Karthik Krishnamoorthy (Analyst)     09 March 2015

Someone plz reply on my above point.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More