LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rhythm Panchal   27 August 2018

Legal Heirship

I would like to enter my name in 7/12 of my father's land. talati ask for witness of same village where the land is located and also told the blood relationships will be not considered. My father is live and he has given all documents pedhinama etc to talati, now problem is , my recident in other city and we live here for long time. so it is not possible to get witness. My uncle and his family are available for witness.
what is the actual required.


 2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     28 August 2018

The first step is getting a title deed in your name through some kind of registered document like sale deed, or gift deed or any other document.

You are not going to live in that village.  Mere entry in revenue records is not enough to establish ownership.  Do not compromise and get a title deed in your name through a competent local advocate.   Once if some one illegally occupies your land, it is very difficult to go into litigation.

Once you have a valid title deed in your name, you have every right to get the mutation done in your name from Revenue dept.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 August 2018

Mere entry in the revenue records would confer you the title to the property; it only makes you liable for payment of land revenue assessment. If your desires to convey the property to you, the best option is to execute the deed of conveyance and carry out the mutation on that basis.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register