LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nirali Nayak   13 June 2021

Legal action against company

Dear everyone, greetings of the day. 

My friend is working in a company. His employer is not giving him the relieving letter, as he could not serve his notice period and left his job in a hurry to join another company. But another employee of my company was given the relieving letter and she also didnt serve the notice period. While she got the letter I am being denied the letter. I want to help my friend, what legal action can he take against his company?



 2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     21 June 2021

If your want want to leave his job he'll normally need to give his employer some warning. This is called his notice period. Look in his contract to see the notice he need to give.He don't have to give notice unless the contract or terms and conditions require him to.

sonam ranjan   07 September 2021

Every company has a policy of notice period. If an employee wants to leave the job he/she has to give a notice period of 1 month or 2 months as per the company rules. In case you don't want to serve the notice period then your 1 monthly salary will get deducted from the date of the registration letter. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query