LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunil (Manager)     24 November 2010

Leasing a house

My father is in Delhi and he is in the process of leasing one of his houses on rent, for 11 months. He has obtained standard lease agreements that are available in the market in his area.  Any precautions to be taken.

How strong are the laws in favor of the landlord?  How can he ensure that the tenant will vacate after 11 months, if the lease is not renewed.


 2 Replies

dk.anand (legal head)     24 November 2010

Dear ,

Plz. ensure that Lease deed for more than or at 12 months be executed before sub ragistrar of the concerned divison where property situated.consult some document writer in that office or advocate in that division office.plz. further to take advance PDC from tenant and incorporate clause of underatking and braech of vacating with per day penalty equivalent to market rent or damages clause.i believe 1% of total rent will be the registartion of court fees stam paper plus registartion charges plus consultant fees.

Bobby Mani T (Lawyer)     17 December 2010

My advice is not to go after cheap model rent deeds, you first consult a lawyer at your state.  Registration is good. License deed also will suffice.  Any way consult a lawyer before enteringinto any agreement.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register