Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjay (CPSU)     08 September 2009

Lease of land for 20 years

Dear Sir/ Madam

Kindly advise me on following matter

I have made a agreement in the presence of 2 witness on a Rs. 100 stamp paper with two persons (they are sibling ) to take their 2.5 hectare agricultural land (Non irrigatable) in Mirzapur distric of U.P. for the next 20 years on lease for installing my stone chip cutter plant on the said leased land. The term of payment is Rs. 20000 per year (Fixed rate for the next 20 years).

I want to know that whether the above mentioned agreement is valid or not in the court of law and can i start my buisness on this land or not? Is it possible for the Lessor to break the agreement without my agreement before the end of the period of the lease agreement.

Kindly advise me as soon as possible.

Thanks for  your advise.

sanjay

Learning

4 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     08 September 2009

Since the lease is for 20 years, it is mandatory to register the lease deed and in case of non registration the same cannot be admitted as evidence in case of dispute before the court of law.

kapil sharma (advocate)     09 September 2009

Lease deed must be registered in concern registrar office. for the period of 19 years 11 month it consider a stamp duty of lease Deed & where lease deed for equal to 20 years & more,  it consider stamp duty as Sale Deed. 

Sanjay (CPSU)     09 September 2009

Dear sir/ madam

If it is required to register in the regional registrar office, then whta is the process of this leas registration? To whome should i approach for this lease registartion and what is the approximate cost ( location: Chunar, Mirzapur, U.P.)

Sanjeev Tewatia (Advocate)     12 September 2009

you may register it with your local Sub-Registrar, Office where is land in question is situated

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register