Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

cyberlawyer (barrister)     23 October 2022

Lawyer not giving affidavit & petition copy sent by opposite lawyer

Hello learned members of the Bar.

My lawyer is not ready to give the copy of Affidavit & Petition given by the opposite side advocate who has filed an application. Please tell me how to make him give the Affidavit & Petition copy as I have to peruse it. When asked he just says that I can go and complain before whoever I want and no one can question him since all the other advocates will support him as they are also advocates.

He says even if I go to another lawyer, that lawyer also will do the same. I am very shocked and depressed by this fellow's attitude.

I have not seen such a worst lawyer like him. By his act I can just say he colludes with the opposite advocate. Don't know why these days lawyers have turned into demons sucking their client's blood and taking advantage of the confidence reposed in them by their clients. They are also bringing bad name to other lawyers who are loyal to their clients. No doubt these people are a shame not only to the noble profession but also to the entire society. 

Anyone please guide me in this matter. 

Learning

2 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 October 2022

Your lawyer is required to provide the copies. You have the option to withdraw the vakalat and also bring the matters to the notice of the State Bar Council/ Bar Council of India.

1 Like

cyberlawyer (barrister)     23 October 2022

Originally posted by : P. Venu

Your lawyer is required to provide the copies. You have the option to withdraw the vakalat and also bring the matters to the notice of the State Bar Council/ Bar Council of India.

Thank you very much sir. I appreciate your bold advise. But I heard that even the Bar Council supports these lawyers and hence withdrawing the Vakalat is the right go. Also it is painful to search for another GOOD lawyer and brief the case to him from the beggining.

Gone are the good old days when lawyers used to collect fees through the back pocket in their robe. The current situation is the exact opposite. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register