LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Lawyer is post poning my anticipatory bail-advice-urgent-pls

Hi All, My wife filed 498 a& DP 3&4 on 03.09.2013.My lawyer is post poning my anticipatory every day he is telling something like judge is not feeling well like that.We have applied last week thusday still not yet come result. Can we apply directly in Highcourt without judgement from district court ?if not what we have to do? if so please advise me In FIR,She mentioned only my name and if we apply anticipatory bail in Highcourt how many days it will take to get?  My lawyer is playing game every time.we dont have anything in our hand what to do? Please advise me urgent please.


 6 Replies

shriks........... (healyhcare)     19 September 2013

Once fir registered...can anticipatory bail valid or granted...??? Why not going for regular bail.... Vanish from residence and appear in court for bail...

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     19 September 2013



I differ from the view taken by @shriks


When your advocate applied for Anticipatory Bail at Sessions Court, you are required to wait for the formal verdict. It happens in certain complicated matters that the judges reserves the orders. It may also happen that the judge may be on leave and that is delaying your orders further.


I suggest you send a relative or a friend to the court office and find out if the judgement on your bail application is released or not. If not, you may inquire from the concerned court staff like reader etc.


As far as your application to High Court is concerned, you may approach High Court only when you have an order from the Sessions Court which you wish to assail. High Court may take as much time as it may deem fit to decide your application. There is no bar on time within which a court is required to conclude the case. If in case the court does not grant Anticipatory Bail immediately, it may still put a "stay on arrest" till the pendency of your application. This would protect you from arrest.


All the best!


PS: If you feel that your advocate if not reliable, why not change him? Find another trustworthy person to defend your case





Hi Thanks for quick response. Yes ur correct. I can change, I want to know the status of Anticipatory bail application, but my lawyer is post poning and not telling anything on that.I dont know how to collect doc's and status of anticipatory bail from lawyer and Please advise me Is there any other way to check status of anticpatory bail application ? Please advise.

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     19 September 2013

As suggested already, please send one of your relative or friend to the concerned court's office (called court registry). First and foremost question to be asked at Court's Registry is that if the Anticipatory Bail application order has come from the concerned judge. If not then go to the concerned court.Generally officers of courts do not reveal information easily but there are ways. I don't I need to tell you these ways.




Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     19 September 2013

if anitcipatory bail was filed in high court of your state then check through the website directly without any number even you can check with your name 

if it in lower court then you have to go or your relative can go and check with the section office of the court where your case is there 


Hi All, Thanks for the quick response. @mahesh, please provide the (Andhra pradesh High court) website link to check the anticipatory bail status it will be useful when apply in Highcourt.. Thanks for your quick response.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register