LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sudhi raj f (officer)     22 June 2012

Land transfer documents through rti act

Respected Sir, My Grandfather had purchased land from our Land lord in our Village in 5 different places in year 1971. After death of my Grandfather in 1979, my uncle without informing us transfered the said land on his name and at present in Form I & XIV his name appears as Occupant column. Now i would like to now, how my uncle transfered the same land on his name. Kindly let us know the procedure to obtain the said documents through RTI. Regards, Suraj


 2 Replies

Senthil Kumar L (Advocate)     22 June 2012

Dear Suraj,


You are requested to do the following things before taking any steps: -


1. Documents in the name of your Grand Father.

2. Death Certificate of Your Grand Father.

3. Legal Heirship Certificate of your Grand Father.


The aforesaid documents are essential and necessary to prove that you are entitled to a share in the properties belongs your grandfather.


You have to come to a conclusion that how do you have share in the aforesaid properties.


For Example if your father is not alive then you and your brother & sisters are has the share of your father in the ancestral property.  Or otherwise your father has to contest this before the appropriate courts.


First you get the documents from the appropriate sub registrar offices.

After this we may send a RTI Application to the Concerned Authority who issued certificate to your uncle and question the validity and legality.

sudhi raj f (officer)     23 June 2012

Dear Sir, Thanks for your quick suggestions. Regards, Suraj

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query