LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Land dispute of inherent property


   My grandfather had some amountof land as his property including a house.He had obtained it as parental property.Later he changed the property into my granmother's name. He died 10 years ago.Five years ago my aunt and 1 uncle obtained their property.My father and his brother didnot get anything.We didnot know about the partition.Will my father get the property?


 2 Replies

Goutam Prasad (Advocate)     06 March 2013

It depends on the circumstances. That is because in normal course and in vernacular language people use to tell everything to be parental property if the same is received from forefather.


But, in legal sence own share from parental property becomes self aquired and one gets right to execute WILL on that with non equal or even non interest to their children. Hence, first we need to assess the position at the time of death of father of your grand father. From that stage actual calculation can be done and correct advice may be given.




Goutam Prasad



Mob: 9810753838



  Can you specify what you mean by the position at the time of death....?


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register