LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohit Sonavane   07 April 2023

labour union

If the employer makes an illegal reduction in the wages of the workers, the trade union can file a direct industrial court claim in Maharashtra


 3 Replies

Shakti Maan (lawyer at Supreme Court delhi 9650334626)     07 April 2023

You should file a petition against the employer in state labour court regarding your issue... according to me labour court would be effective way to solve the issue....

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 April 2023

Salary deductions are made without authorization or employee's knowledge. Every worker has the right to just and favourable conditions of work, including to be paid fair wages for their work. Deducting money out of an employee's wages before they are paid in full and without their consent is an unauthorised deduction.

Allowable Deductions

  • Life insurance premium.
  • Equity Linked Savings Scheme (ELSS)
  • Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
  • Annuity/ Pension Schemes.
  • Principal payment on home loans.
  • Tuition fees for children.
  • Contribution to PPF Account.
  • Sukanya Samriddhi Account.
  • NSC (National Saving  Certificate)
    Fixed Deposit (Tax Savings)
  • Post office time deposits
    National Pension Scheme 

An employer can deduct wages if an employee damages or loses goods entrusted to them, or loses money accountable to them. The damage or loss should be directly due to their neglect or default.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 April 2023

it can be raised as a labour dispute

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register