LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Thomas Dohling (Service)     23 July 2009

Knowledge of the Law of the Land

Now that the 3-year LL.B. degree course is out of reach of us who are over 30/35, what should we do / study to gain a better knowledge of law in general and law of the land in particular?  I was always fascinated by the subject, but due to various unavoidable constraints, I was not in a position to pursue the course of study in law.  I am 52, working in a Govt. of India Company.  I am a graduate.  I've heard of the Bachelor of General Law degree.  I suppose it is a regular degree but which does not entitle one to practice.  What are the topics dealt with in the BGL course of study?  Would this course impart adequate knowledge of law in general and law of the land in particular?  

Learning

2 Replies

jatin (self)     23 July 2009

Gone through your querry. To get good knowledge of Law of Land, simply course covered under Graduation of Law will not suffice your problem. U have to go through particular Acts applicable to your State. Say e.g. in Gujarat The Bombay Tenancy and Agricultural Lnads Act 1948 is applicable, and then The Bombay Land Revenue Code 1879 is Applicable. So kindly purchase those books available from the market, then study the same, and if you have any particular question then ask me, I will reply the same.

Jatin Thakkar

Advocate.

Ahmedabad.

1 Like

Thomas Dohling (Service)     23 July 2009

Thanks for the reply Mr. Jatin.  What you say is absolutely correct.  Specific Acts are the deciding factor in settling issues and answering questions.  However, do you know anything about the subjects covered under the B.G.L. degree?  Thank you for offering to answer my questions.  I shall revert back to you soon.  By the way, are you the owner/moderator of this site?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register