Junior lawyers who steal money from other's bags

Student

A lawyer with his briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns.-Don Corleone, in The Godfather

A junior lady lawyer misunderstood the words of Mario Puzo to be 'stealing from other's wallets'

A junior lady lawyer from HC of kerala today literally proved that she can really steal from others briefcases.One of my friend's money was stolen from her wallet today while she kept her bag in the ladies restroom in the High Court of kerala.

This is an insult on the noble profession of advocacy.

I think the the senior lawyers who pay peanuts for the 10 hour working juniors is one of the reasons that lead the  juniors who are eager to make a living out of their profession to steal other's money to make a living.

I know the names of several senior advocates in kerala HC who charge several lakhs for a sitting who makes the juniors work from 8am to 9pm at their office and pays less than 1500 a month.

Who should we really blame when a junior lawyer steals..?

Total likes : 1 times

Both. Senior not paying good remunaration. Junior not working for honestly. It is a test to the junior.

Student

You are absolutely right, Mr Sathya Prakash.

but a decent payment to a junior will in my opinion be the least remedy 

Thanks for a quick reply

Advocate

Yes a decent reward in any shape to junior will make lot of good.

self employed

hi Mr.ARUN plz. don't mix the profession with the misdeed of any individual . a specific word has been provided in the dictionary (KLEPTOMANIA) FOR A PERSON who is in the habit of stealing.

Advocate.

Dear Arun,

A senior who didn't get paid when he was a struggling junior, isn't very likely to keep his junior on a struggling?I think you agree?

Student

Mr.Shree,

Your finding is absolutely true

It is likely that a senior who in his early stages struggled a lot might keep his junior struggling.But by what reasons is it fair and by what means will it satisfy him?

By this post i don't mean to blame all the seniors but very few of them who really are blameworthy for making the juniors work for peanuts.

I just wanted to say that no junior advocate should compromise the dignity of the profession whatever pressure he is in.

advocate

i agree bt the seniors are more to blame they dont want to part with money. they want tha that juniors should work bt dont want to pay them. a fresher is raw who wish to learn and earn.bt they r exploited which frustrates the m n compels them to become bad.

Total likes : 2 times

Student

Mr. Manish,

Thank you for introducing the word to me.

Kleptomania is the condition of not being able to resist the urge to collect or hoard things.People with this disorder are compelled to steal things, generally objects of little or no significant value, such as pens, paper clips, tape, traffic cones, signs, and small toys.Kleptomania was first officially recognized in the US as a mental disorder in the 1960s in the case of the state of California v. Douglas Jones.

Kleptomania is distinguished from shoplifting or ordinary theft, as shoplifters and thieves generally steal for monetary value, or associated gains and usually display intent or premeditation, while Kleptomaniacs are not necessarily contemplating the value of the items they steal or even the theft until they are compelled.

Information from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kleptomania

I was not trying to communicate that all lawyers are bad.Neither did i tell that the profession is bad nor was i disrespecting dictionary definitions of words.I was actually trying to communicate that advocates should keep the dignity of the profession and senior advocates should pay the juniors decently.

don't forget that every senior was a junior and every junior will become senior.

Total likes : 2 times

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

Menu

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x