LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal Gupta   06 June 2023

Join in new job without resigning previous job

I worked in school as assistant teacher in UP till 23, April, 2023. I got appointment letter on 19 April and on 24 April , I joing new school as a Lecturer. On 23rd I requested for Lien from my previous employer and on 24 April I send that letter through what's app but I could post that latter of request on 25th April inspite of accepting or rejecting that letter, my previous employer made a complaint to my new employer regarding my resignation. After that I give resignation on 29th may and it had been accepted by my previous employer w.e.f. from 23rd, April, 2023.

Is there any problem in this, because it is accepted after my new joinging

Learning

6 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     06 June 2023

Without relieving from old/school you cannot join in new post and it may lead to legal issues.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 June 2023

Though you have joined the new employer after resignation but without confirmation of the same from the old employer, the subsequent confirmation by the previous employer about accepting the resignation with effect from the date of your original resignation clearly indicates that you cannot be deemed to be in dual employment as on the date of joining the new employment., 

The confirmation letter from your preious employer confirming the date of relieving you from the employmernt will be an evidence that you were not employed with the previous employer during your new employment

anubhav Bhatt   06 June 2023

Dear Client It's a big mistake from your end without legally resignation. You joined a new job so better if you contact us then I'll explain properly about your case.

Advocate Anurag Bhatt
Allahabad High Court
Mobile 9198889990.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 June 2023

you have given sufficient material for a chargehseet during probation period. Leave aside lient  (which you are otherwise not entitled) it will be lucky for you if you are able to retain this job.

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     11 June 2023

If both institutions are private, you can manage, else you need t adjust to avoid troubles in future.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 June 2023

since you are discussing about 'lien" it appears that both jobs are govt.  please clarify.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register