Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Is WCD Ministery trying to protect marriage industry !

Page no : 2

Renuka Gupta ( Gender Researcher )     21 August 2010

Fully Agreed!   And this Aam Aadami's efforts needs to be truly appreciated.  This topic and the hard core information it contains is a matter of concern for all people who are concerned with social issues. It does also give food for thought for how pressure can be built on the the ministry by organisations both generalist and women's who are working for these issues and of course by individuals, as it has happened in this case.  

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     21 August 2010

Manpower to be replaced by human power and so on and so forth

- welsaid.

human power  not Manpower or womanpower.

You have changed your line in the following manner

//Some men have called women prostitutes and marriage legalised prostitution, not I//.> I did not call men by names or marriage in a derogatory way.

- Yes of course. You have not called men by names or marriage in a derogatory way.

- perhaps men also not called women by names or marriage, - in a derogatory way.

- ‘Some men have called women prostitutes’ - it is your version. Read the matter once again – it is told by someone in the context of false 498a cases. Though it should not be told, but due to anger and suffering harassment, by the said act of his wife, he perhaps did these comments, and it targeted to his wrong dower - to him, not anybody else. He has no enmity with any other person of this world. I think others should ignore it.

- ‘marriage legalised prostitution’. Read the comments once again. This dialog not of mine, but by Lord Barnered Shaw.

- It is expected that, being an educated and progressive lady, being a famine one should have great respect and sensitivity and social liability to the prostitute & prostitution.

THEY ARE OUR SISTERS AND DAUGHTERS ONLY.

THE WORD SHOULD NOT BE USED OR ACCEPT AS AN ABUSE.

“Commissions and Ministries are two different entities with different scope of power and functions.”

Perhaps before answering you overlooked the following sentence.

“HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION SHOULD BE UPGRADED TO MINISTRY.”

The word ‘upgraded’ is your ans.

The meaning is derived by the context Arup ji. I have only this much to say and nothing else. Now imagine this happens in a woman's life, that men in anger call them prostitute, they will call their wives prostitutes and not thier sisters and daughters! That's why I am saying the meaning is derived by its context. 

Bernard Shaw or Shakespeare--all of them had their feet of clay...

Coming to Prostitutes who are engaged in a profession mostly by their difficult situations, if men understand that much, then they would not address this word in the sense they are using in this forum. Do the anger of men justify to call their wives prostitutes( again take the meaning in its context) and whores? How freely these terms are used in anger, in frustration--so that's the context which make it derogatory. How many times women in anger and frustration has used derogatory words for men in this forum? Not that they have not suffered at the hands of their husbands!

My work involves working with prostitutes and letting them know about their rights, and looking into their life circumstances. I would not like to talk about my work but just to make it clear that that's exactly the reason I am objecting to this word when used in a derogatory manner. Your advice that prostitutes are our daughter and sisters which they certainly are--should be directed to those who have used this term abusively and not at me. Had all men realised this truth, there would not have been any occupation called prostitution. 

women are not necessarily all wives

- This is forgotten by the Govt. of India, and the ‘wifeist’ the so called feminist not the real feminist.

- ‘forgotten mothers and sisters’ are also women.

(Guest)

wen u use man in general or biology its for human species.it means both male and female of Homo sapiens breed. If we demand changing name of ministry of manpower then are females a separate species?reminds me of leshmania saxicola lizard.

Perhaps I will not be able to engage more than what I have done due to time constraints Arup Ji. I am using men and women as social constructs and male and female are biological categories. I suppose the thread topic is now so far that even those who wish to comment on it would be little lost. As I said, I have said enough from my side, and rest is your understanding. 

When I have time, I would again visit and see if I can answer some of your queries.

RG

(Guest)

sorry read as lacerata saxicola in above thread instead of leshmania saxicola .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register