is thinking of divorce a sin?

Page no : 2

mahendrakumar (marketing)     02 September 2010

dear Arup,

very good and practical advice.

keep up the good work

1 Like

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     02 September 2010

Dear Kirpa, here is my personal suggestions.This is a situation which puts a person in a very precaurious position like chosing between the devil and the deep sea, indeed a very deep grey area. I have watched deightfully the various words of wisdom shared by the members and I really appreciate their postings and have learnt many things from them too. The sitution is really a tough one for any person to bear it but one thing is very clear and that is your marital obligations attached with your husband either in medical death or legal death, that is atleat you have to wait for some time without rushing into divorce which will not be a good move. In our society however backward and barbarous we may be even in medical death either of the spouse is expected to wait for one year before going for another marriage. In your case which is a case of legal death take a deep reflections of yourself and take things coolly and stand by your husband even though he may be in vegetable state and that way you can show your devotion as a wife. Atleast wait for a year and thereafter take a step that suits you.The rest have been very nicely explained by the members. Pray to God to give you the courage and the wisdom and to guide your move. All the best.

kripa (ms)     02 September 2010

is it possible to file divorce now?that he is in coma will my divorce be rejected off right?

Renuka Gupta ( Gender Researcher )     03 September 2010

Why do not you consult a local advocate? It would be easier for you to sort these technical stuff with him/her.

On a humanitarian ground: Why do not you wait for sometime? See if it is possible to take your husband in a separate house without the interference your in laws,  keep some good well trained caretaker who can help you as well as take care of him. There are professional agencies who can send you trained caretaker. Since you can afford it, you can make your life a bit easier, at the same time take time off to reflect rather than take decision in a mental state when you are fatigued, have legal advise to sort out your confusions and then decide. May be you will like to see a good counsellor? Does hep sometimes in sorting ourselves out.

We need strength to face these situations-easier said than done. Spend sometime with your friends  read books if you love reading, to take your mind off the problem for sometime. Compassion heals us, and when you decide on a divorce after much reflection and some respectable time gap, at least that small voice inside you will never disturb you because you know you stood by him in the hour of the need, gave enough time, and then took another path. Also look out for institutions who can help you in taking care of him, but  home care is encouraged rather than institutionalised care but still these organisations may help you a lot on advising how to cope with the caring aspect with the help of trained in house care taker/s.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     03 September 2010

you may apply for divorce now.

mahendrakumar (marketing)     08 September 2010

Yes,Arup,at this point,this is again a right advice,as she is no more in a confused stage.

It seems she has already decided her course action and want a concurrence for the same.

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     08 September 2010

THANKS.

I ALSO THOUGHT IN THE SAME LINE.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     08 September 2010

I AM WAITING FOR MS AISHWARYA SUGGESTION.

I NOTED HER VIEW IN MR KAVI'S CASE.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register