Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sandhya (***********)     17 October 2012

Is there any law in which i can use my husband's laptop??

During our marrige life , i was using my husband's laptop...Now i m not leaving with him from 8-9 months...

There are so many data in that laptop , which are very important  & also photographs like marrige , honeymoon family functions .....I need those for my 498a case & also for future divorce case if my husband file ....

Can i get my husband's laptop to use for 2-3 hours to take data if he has not deleted them ....? I want to see the laptop by my own eyes weathere he has deleted all or there are still in that laptop ...

I

Learning

4 Replies

Never Give Up (Fighter)     17 October 2012

Think practically. If you would have something which would help your husband to file cases against you, would you allow your husband to have access to those ??

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     17 October 2012

u can take help of a friend or someone who can take the pics from his laptop or u can ask for the pics clicked by other person's camera who was present at the same function.. if you go for any deceitful means then your husband may file a counter case against you.

Manindra Singh (Chief Manager IR)     17 October 2012

Dear Ms.Sandhya,

If you have sent any of these information through mail or posted on social network site you should be able to access the same from any PC / Laptop.

You may also refer the new cyber law for the matter and also check to what extend e - data will help you in court as evidence. 

Its your personal matter and I have actually no business to comment on it, but still , I personally believe that if relationship is not working and causing undue damage to the parties then there is no point continuing in the relationship. However, one must act sensibly and try out every thing possible to make it work and if still things do not work, the the option of separation / divorce is always available. Further, the conscious will also be clear that all the efforts possoble were done and finally there is no feeling of guilt in life....

Take Care,...

stanley (Freedom)     17 October 2012

@ author do you want to get implicated by taking over his computer if so read the below mentioned act . He can implicate you in a case . Now dont ask me how he can once you lay hold on his PC . So better beware 

Amendements in the evidence act 2000 and passing of the information technology act 2000The condition for admissibility of electronic records as per section 65 B is as follows The computer was regularly used by the person having lawfull control over the use of the computer .

1.       The information required or derived was regularly used fed into the computer  I the ordinary course of the said activities .

2.       The computer was operating properly or if not did not affect the electronic record or the accuracy of the record and its contents .

Section 88 A states that an email sent  , by the originator is the same as the one that is received

The entire emphasis is on the computer . and not on the data that is retrieved from it 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register