LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

subhashis   20 June 2019

Is the acquistion valid or invalid

I am subhashis sarkar from west bengal,I am a land owner of 4 katha (6 dec. approx.)out of 53 decmal in plot no 455 .
In 1983-84 my land has been acquired by Govt. of West Bengal and handed over to Municipality.After that 1600 sqft 
derequisition (as per order Hon.high court kolkata)in favor of the owner in 2001 .can derequisition land again acquired
without taking permission/order of Hon.High court ?

The land acquired in 1983-84  without gazzed notification and without giving any fund to the L.A Collector for payment 
of compensation of land owner .Is the acquistion valid or invalid?

Again special notice was done on same acquistion in 2001 without giving any compensation .As per present law 
is the acquistion valid or invalid?


 1 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     20 June 2019

File RTI Application and seek copy of laid down norms that state that Govt can acquire land without gazette notification, without releasing any funds to LA Collector and without paying compensation, and ask them the procedure for claiming compensation.

You can also get another application seeking information under RTI through another victim.]

Please provide me the following information on acquisition of the Municipality.

a)Date of Gazette Notification and such copy.

b)Date of release of funds to LA collector, list of owners that were identified for paying compensation, date and payment of such compensation.

c)Inform whether there was any court case filed, pending or audit objection for acquiring the land without gazette notification, without compensation.

d)If so furnish details of such case no, court name, place of such pending cases and a copy of petition filed against Municipality.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register