Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shylaja Nagaraj   01 April 2018

Is second marriage allowed in Hindu temples

Hi sir,
I would like to know if temples allow remarriage ? Me and my partner are planning on our second wedding( I am a widow and my husband legally separated)
I heard that Hindu temples don't allow second marriage in temple, is it so ? we are planning to marry in madurai or chennai. pls advice on whether it is possible to marry at temple.

thanks in advance
shylaja

Learning

5 Replies

Rakshita Malur   02 April 2018

Originally posted by : Shylaja Nagaraj
Hi sir, I would like to know if temples allow remarriage ? Me and my partner are planning on our second wedding( I am a widow and my husband legally separated)I heard that Hindu temples don't allow second marriage in temple, is it so ? we are planning to marry in madurai or chennai. pls advice on whether it is possible to marry at temple.thanks in advanceshylaja

You can marry under some tree where there are just you two. That is not a problem. The problem starts after marriage.  Wish you all the best. Marry without doubt.  Happy Maried Lyf.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 April 2018

Y e s.  (Because both of you are now not married)  Let your husband carry the papers of his legal separation.  Carry personal identities, age proof, address proof and independent witnesses with you.  Get the marriage registered  with Registrar of Marriages at the earliest.

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 April 2018

"my husband legally separated" What do you mean?

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     03 April 2018

Is the man having Decree of divorce from the Family Court? If not than he's not legally eligible to marry again. If he has decree of divorce he can marry you a widow anywhere as you so desire. You can get married in the Arya Samaj mandir if you both are Hindus. You can get married under the Special Marriage Act,1954 the civil form of marriage. The marriage officer or register of marriages of your district will get you married in presence of 3 witnesses and also register the marriage, issuing you valid marriage certificate which is sufficient proof of your valid marriage.

Aks   05 August 2018

If two human beings want to get married..there is always a way...for sure.  But, Raksh*ta's answer above made me laugh loudly.

She seems like someone who has experience of a bad marriage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register