Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dipangkar (Business)     15 September 2011

Is not sex determination of an unborn child a crime ?

Is not Sex Determination of a Unborn child a Crime in India ? I was sure of it until yesterday. I am confused.... So need some legal / law advices here.

As i went over to a Medical Lab Yesterday to obtain a report of my mother, I saw written on the Signboard of that Lab itself in Bold letters.......... >

SEX DETERMINATION DONE HERE ...... (???????)

Learning

3 Replies

galsober@yahoo.co.in (def)     15 September 2011

Originally posted by : Dipangkar
"
Is not Sex Determination of a Unborn child a Crime in India ? I was sure of it until yesterday. I am confused.... So need some legal / law advices here.

As i went over to a Medical Lab Yesterday to obtain a report of my mother, I saw written on the Signboard of that Lab itself in Bold letters.......... >

SEX DETERMINATION DONE HERE ...... (???????)
"

Of Course Dipan, Pre-natal Sex determination is a crime. Plz go throu PNDT ACT.....its very much implemented with complete force.

1 Like

(Guest)

of course it is a crime.Dipankar why don't you report to higher police officials and media at the same time along with informin women organisation in your locality?

1 Like

Dipangkar (Business)     19 September 2011

Actually i knew that it was a Crime, but that SiGNBOARD, so openly....... wow... it Confused me. So i Rechecked it up here. Thanks to all for the replies, and also to Arup for the PMing me and saying that   it's punishable under ipc & crpc  . 

Let's first see what the Media can do here....... :)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register