Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manu   19 October 2018

Is non consummation a ground for annulment?

Dear all, Im married for seven months. Ever since the marriage my wife is not ready for physical relationship. I discussed with her about this, but she says she needs more time. And last month she left matrimonial home without informing anyone leaving a letter that she is afraid of every night trying to protect her from me. And she mentioned she is not interested, both of our thoughts are different and it wont work between us. She never revealed her expectation and future plan in life even after i have asked her. I tried to contact her and family but no response. It looks like her parents are not ready for mutual. I dont want to waste my time unnecesarily for her. Suggest me a way out...?

Learning

4 Replies

Sudheendra (Social worker )     19 October 2018

This issue may be handled in the following steps:

Start by sending mention all the above details along with the date on which she left your house and other issues that you have mentioned in your query.

In the next letter offer and assure to sort out if she has any concerns.

In the following letter ask her to come back (along with her parents, if she wants) and not desert you.

Then in the next letter inquire her intention of getting married if she has not intention to living with you.

Send all the letters through registered post and retain a copy of the letters as evidence.

If she comes back be compassionate with her as sometimes it is natural for some girls to have to kind of phobia that she has expressed which can be sorted out through proper counselling.

The more you grow impatient, you will only end up creating more problems for yourself.

Depends on your parents/ close friends for moral support. 

Sudheendra (Social worker )     19 October 2018

Yes you may on the grounds that she refused to consummate her marriage.

Approach a good advocate with all necessary documents and get this marriage annuled before proceeding further.

ignore my previous reply.

Manu   19 October 2018

Okay sir's Thank you.

vinay_2431 (engineer)     19 October 2018

Hello manu,

I would suggest you to take Prasanna Ji's advice, we have a live expierence with my brother. and we took nearly 5 years to get out of that mess.now that 497 [adultery]is also a civil case you have better chances if you follow prasanna's advice.

Good luck 

Rgds,

Vinay.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register