LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raghu Kumar (other)     29 April 2013

Is inquiry possible after one year of any case?



I'm Raghu, I have a question which needs to be answered here as I need to take step towards now..


My brother (addict to wine and other intoxicated materials), he had fight with with a person in my village, both were beat each other....but other party got enjoured (but not serious injury, due to falling on a stope there a little blood came out from his head..)

After few days, my brother was caught by few relatives of that person and broutly beaten him by tieding with rope and put one night in his house, kept beaten my brother...... 

Then my brother was presented to police station with falce evidence that he came to my house to murder...

But police was informed by any good person and police as told the reality so police station knew the real story and FIR was not filled, my brother was given a little treatment in police station too..

As no one is to care for my brother (age 37), unmarried, my other brothers are not taking interest in this, I study in Lucknow and my home town is in Muzaffar Pur (Bihar) so I was informed this metter few days letter, I couldn't do anything, I never visited any police station in my life so I was not sure what to do or what not to do at that time..


It passed around one year and it is creating problem in my mind, I'm not able to concentrate on my study, my brother was not given the judgement, those people should be punished?

So is there any option to file FIR, take actin against them, or can I go to court directly?

If I fall into these matters then how much fees do I have to pay to lowers etc.?


Can you please guide me a little, I would be very thankful to you..


Let me know!









 3 Replies

MohammedRaffiq Bijapur (Advocate)     29 April 2013

Brother, See for taking cognizance of an offence by the court there is some time period fixed.

Reading the facts you narrated it discloses that there was wronful confinement, use of criminal force, assualt and causing greivious hurt. The punishment prescribed is more than one for the said offence. Law permits you to file private complaint in court.

You can file case against the wrong doers. Take assisstance of local advocate.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 April 2013



Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987 has been framed to the pursuit of justice and object of making justice accessible to the poorest and weakest section of citizens of India and in order to fulfill the constitutional promise held out under Article 39A of the Constitution of India.


at your state capital city.

Raghu Kumar (other)     30 April 2013

Thanks for your replies, sir!

As it passed one year and I don't have any evidance, record so what to do in this case?

Is there any chance to request enquiry for this case first?



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register