Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Desire (none)     30 August 2013

Irbm_property_parents

Hello,

My parents earned and raised me with lot of hard work. I don't have any other heritable property.

My wife might apply for divorce under IrBM. So, pls. advice if my parents self earned property (movable & immovable) is also considered under IrBM? 

Thanks

Learning

7 Replies

(Guest)

Only in your self acquired property she has share and inheritable property's amount should be considered by Ld. Judge prior to any decision. So don't be nervous on self acquired property of your parents. Just chill if you have no property on your name.

Wait for becoming this IrBM as an act, till now no assumptions...!

2 Like

(Guest)

Tell your parents to keep your real brother or sister as nominee   (If you trust them), so that, that property will not consider as your inheritable property in the eye of law.

1 Like

Gopal Arora (Engineer)     31 August 2013

Originally posted by : Hats off to Experts

Tell your parents to keep your real brother or sister as nominee   (If you trust them), so that, that property will not consider as your inheritable property in the eye of law.

Is self acquired property of father is inheritable property?

Desire (none)     31 August 2013

Thanks for the suggestions

@Hats of to the expert:

If my parents keeps my brother or sister as a Nominee then can my wife object to that? and has any say on it?  

Would you recommend disowing me? will that help in anyway? or having a Nominee will be a better option?

Thanks

Gopal Arora (Engineer)     31 August 2013

@Hats off to Experts and @Desire

Nominee is used in bank or demat accounts. In case of property, you can WILL (Vasiyat).

First of all, we need to understand, whether self acquired property of Father-in-law or mother-in-law is inheritable property or not? if it is not then why to get into writing a will or disowning a son.

Desire (none)     01 September 2013

@ Gopal - Yes that was my initial question and it looks that self acquired property of parents might be considered as inheritable.

It will be useful if this point is made clear by learned and/or senior members.

Thanks in advance

Desire (none)     10 September 2013

Hello,

Please can anyone confirm if self earned properties of parents is going to be considered under IrBM? 

I have been told that self earned property can not by law be considered under IrBM. But a yes/no ans from learned member of this forum will help.

Thanks!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register