LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Satyam   22 February 2016

IPC 406/420

My wife is under adulterous relation with her former colleague since before marriage. If i file a police complaint against her and her paramour under sec 406/420 of ipc criminal breach of trust then 1. What are the possible repercussions, if any? 2. How will be my divorce case affected, pros and cons? Will file divorce subsequently to complaint.

Learning

5 Replies

Rohit Krishan Naagpal (Advocate)     22 February 2016

Mr Satyam In facts mentioned by you it does not constitute any offence of 406/420 IPC. In divorce proceedings you can make adluteror a respondent.

Obscenity in communication, receiving money, gifts jewellery erc. Without knowledge of husband is not breach of trust. And its a police complaint for further action.

FREDYCHARLES RK - Bangalore (Advocate)     22 February 2016

Mr Satyam, in the first instance the applicable section in possible FIR/NCR may not be as you think..and guess forum can understand your innocence but don't think your partner would be so innocent to accept a qualifiable allegations and adultery goes usually well with male gender. Suggest you file a petition for divorce under common cruelty section.

Even knowing this if i lodge complaint to create pressure for mcd. What may be repercussions?? I will file divorce on cruelty that i understand.

Even knowing this if i lodge complaint to create pressure for mcd. What may be repercussions?? I will file divorce on cruelty that i understand.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register