Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal Thosar (It)     19 January 2014

Inter caste marriage

Dear Sir

how to apply for inter caste marriage benefits in maharashtra ?

what is the pocesss? plsease help me. i am hindu boy ni girl is obc cast.

now i am living in pune bt my home town is other city in maharashtra

Plesase help me i have same money problem . so i have need this benefits.

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     19 January 2014

INTER CASTE-MARRIAGE SCHEME;

Pattern

Under this scheme an amount of Rs. 50,000/- (In cash through RTGS in the married couple Joint Account).

Conditions of Eligibility

• Both the spouses should be citizen of India and one of the spouse should be Scheduled Caste and he/she should be permanent resident of any State and he/she has not taken any benefit under similar scheme.
  • The grant shall only be given once for the first marriage.
  • A non-scheduled Castes boy who marriage a scheduled Castes girls and vice-versa, the concerned Scheduled Castes bride/bridegroom will be given a cash grant of Rs. 50,000/- in the joint account of married couple.
  • The beneficiary can apply for incentive within one year from the date of marriage.

Procedure of Implementation of Scheme

• Applications shall be invited by the Director, welfare of Sch. Castes and Backward Classes from the eligible couples by giving wide publicity through news papers and the All India Radio. The application should be supported with a Certificate from District Magistrate in case of Civil Marriage or Certificate from religious institutions/societies/individual performing marriage ceremony. The District Welfare Officers will verify the facts stated in the application and place before the Deputy Commissioner concerned alongwith his recommendations. The Deputy Commissioner will sanction the amount. After the sanction is issued, the District Welfare Officer will draw the amount and disburse/deposit the same in the Joint account of the couple.
  • The claim of incentive for inter-caste marriage will not be claimed as a matter of right.
  • The expenditure involved may be debited under head, 2225-Social Security and Welfare-C-Welfare of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and other backward Classes-Incentive for their inter-caste marriage (Plan).
  • This issue with the concurrence of Finance Dept. conveyed vides his U.O.No. 13/52/94-1 FG-II/1690, dated 29/08/06

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     20 January 2014

nothing left to add, agree with expert

Zinia (na)     25 January 2014

Dear Sir,

I have a few queries regarding the Inter Caste Scheme in Maharashtra which are as follows:

1. Are Minorities also considered under this Scheme? I am a Roman Catholic married to a Sikh (Mona Sardar) under the Special Marriage Act.

2. If yes, how long should we wait after marriage to apply for this scheme? We have completed 1 year of marriage.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards

Mrs. Zinia

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register