LIVE Online Course on Indian Constitution by Dr. Ravishankar Mor. Register Now!!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish Singla 098140 76600 (Cheque Victim's Lawyer. LUDHIANA (PB))     25 August 2012

Insufficient legal enforceable legal liability

Hi . A cheque case was in court for Rs. 10,000/- from 2004 , accused surrendered himself with compromise  by paying said amount in Court and complainant accepted well and took back the case on dt. 05/10/2010. Same Complainant had another blank cheque in custody , he presented a cheque of Rs. 70,000/- on 23/09/2010 (returned ), notice on 07/10/2010 , complaint and sworn on 03/11/2010 with the claim of outstanding of Rs.74,505/- towards accused everywhere . Complainant submitted in court during proceedings ,  two years ( 01/04/2010 to 31/03/2012 ) record of accused showing same outstanding amount of Rs. 74,505/-. But Complainant skipped to take credit of Rs. 10/000/- in his books of accounts , so recieved in Court by the settlement of earlier case . He maintained throughout outstanding as Rs. 74,505/- instead of Rs.64,505/- , just to keep the accused under the limits of 138 NIA , instead of civil proceedings. ( next stage of case is cross examine )

Q1 : How effectivally and at what stage Sec. 340 CrPC R/W 195(1)(b)(i) & (ii)  will work ? 

Q2 : How 138 NIA can to be put to end ?


 5 Replies

Vinoba (Advocate)     25 August 2012


Whether your client has pleaded about the existence of a blank cheque {with cheque number} with the complainant in the previous proceedings.




Ashish Singla 098140 76600 (Cheque Victim's Lawyer. LUDHIANA (PB))     25 August 2012

yes why not , but cross is still pending , 

LAXMINARAYAN - Sr Advocate. ( solve problems in criminal cases.     25 August 2012

You can demolish the case by clever cross, take assistance of an adocate who is expert in cross.

As a rule many advocates in over confidence and lack pf prepration take cross whichis damanging to their own client.

Manu (Manager)     28 August 2012


I  issued a cheque dated 20/07/12 to my credit card company. On the basis of my salary cheque dated 16/07/2012 but my salary check returned unpaid due to which the cheque issued to the credit card firm also returned un paid due to insufficient funds. I acknowledged my mistake and paid my credit card firm in cash on 29/07/2012.

But still they sent me legal notice under sec 138 NI to pay the amount.

What are my options in this case and what shall I do?

Do i still have to pay for what i have already paid?

Thanks and Regards,


Ashish Singla 098140 76600 (Cheque Victim's Lawyer. LUDHIANA (PB))     28 August 2012

Manu , 

That cc company must had did this by mistake , otherwise no bank or nbc is fool , you just sit and do't worry.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query