i came some articles which says inherited property cannot be written thru will and can be done only for self acquired properties as children will get equal share on father side for inherited property. Does this apply on mother side if she got property from her father at the time of marriage and settled thru will/settlement deed. Can her daugther claim a share even after inherited property settled via will/settlement deed?

Where Coparcenary exist there all male and their sister will be entitled bit where ther is no Coparcenary there by way of will property can be divided nd if lady got property from he father In February 2018, the Supreme Court held that a daughter, living or deadon the date of amendment will be entitled to the share in father's property. This implied that even if the daughter was not alive on the date of amendment, her children could claim partition,” 



But does that apply to women who got property from her father in year 1980.i was thinking once women property acquired property as gift she is entitled to give it to any of her children. This is on mother side property



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



IPC Grand Course     |    x