Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohit Singhal (Student)     11 March 2015

Information on ipc sec 279/337

Hello All,

I just had a trip to Goa with my friends and we hired two bikes for our entire journey. Just while returning from Goa an incident happened in which I entered into a NO ENTRY zone and hit an old man who was riding his scooty. I was on my avenger. I was on my first gear and speed was around 10 kmph (I almost stopped my vehicle as soon as I came to know that i entered into a no entry). But the old man couldn't control and dashed into my vehicle. HE sustained minor injuries on his elbow (just 2 scratches and nothing else). At first he demanded Rs 15000, but we refused and then he went on to file a case against us which he finally did. Now, being a student I wanted to know how much time and money will this case cost us? And will it affect our career?

We were charged with IPC sec 279 and 337 alongwith sec 119 of MV Act.  

Learning

2 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     11 March 2015

Talk to that old man negotiate the matter pay him and tell him to withdraw the case, bear the challan of 119 mv act .

Rohit Singhal (Student)     12 March 2015

Actually we tried a lot to negotiate with the old man. And now he is not at all talking for out of court settlement. I wanted to know how much time will the case take and how many possible hearings for the case?

Thank you in advance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register