LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

priya (propriter)     19 December 2012

Income tax raid

hello everyone please tel me if anyone wants to inform to income tax department about a gov officer who has lot of black money , how to do this? where to inform ? As i know i can get some commision also how much it will be? what is right way to deal with them.

Learning

5 Replies

R RAJAGOPALAN (ADVOCATE)     19 December 2012

QUERY 1.tel me if anyone wants to inform to income tax department about a gov officer who has lot of black money , how to do this? where to inform ?

You should give specific, clear information abou his undisclosed income, how it was earned by him, and about his movable/immovable properties - their extent/location etc. Mere vague allegations, will not do. You may give the information, in writing, confidentially but with your contact details, personally, to the area's Direcor General of Income Tax9Investigation)/Director of Income Tax(Investigation), and keep evidenceof having so given it , the date on which/to whom given etc.

QUERY-2 As i know i can get some commision also how much it will be?You will get a Reward according to the Reward Rules in force. These Rules are published. The quantum of Reward will depend on  how far the information you gave was useful in detecting the undisclosed income finally assessed. You can get an interim reward, if the final reward will be delayed.

QUERY-3:what is right way to deal with them.

The procedure outlined above will help you. You should keep the information highly confidential, and not  give any hint to anyone.

priya (propriter)     19 December 2012

thanks for the replay , all money earn is from bribe and i know the add of immovable property.about the jewllery and cash also, what will u suggest is sufficent to inform IT department.

sreekumar (Manager-Finance)     20 December 2012

Dear Expert,

It will help Priya if you can relevant section/rules (regarding providing information, commission etc,) so that she can refer and proceed perfectly with her plan

sitaramaiah (audit manager)     23 December 2012

i will give reply soon

sitaramaiah (audit manager)     23 December 2012

Who is the authorized officer to issue order for search and seizure? a) the Director General of Income Tax, or b) the Director of Income Tax, or c) the Chief Commissioner of Income Tax, or d) the Commissioner of Income Tax, or e) any such Joint Director or Joint Commissioner of Income Tax as may be empowered by the Board. The Director General or Director or the Chief Commissioner or Commissioner or Joint Commissioner or Joint Director who have been empowered by the Board can authorize any officer subordinate to him not below the rank of Income Tax Officer to conduct search. The officer so authorized is referred as Authorized officer and the authorization is done by issuing a search warrant in Form 45.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register