LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rishi kumar   28 August 2017

Income proof of mother in law

I will be cross examined this week in the Divorce case filed by me. She has skipped this also earlier. Last date, judge said, " final cross questioning of the petitioner". 

after a gap of  one year OP has filed an objection to the divorce petition stating that she wants to live with her husband like a true Hindu naari. And some Blah blah  charges. 

Looks like my lawyer has got a small news that OP is going to file something regarding the income  of my parents. My mother owns the business and I was working there earlier.  With all the stress we are going thro, no one is able to concentrate on the business and we have already downsized it. I am working elsewhere and I have already given the salary proof and bank details of my salary and expenses.  

If something of that sort happens , should my mother submit her income details to the court? Is it  ok to state or give only the proof that my mother owns the business.

She has herself stated in her DV petition that her husband is working  in the organisation owned by his mother.

kindly guide.

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     31 August 2017

Since you are not working in your moms business, there is no reason why her income or accounts should be considered. She is an outsider, a third person who has got no connection with the Divorce Petition pending between you and your wife. Is it your OP case that you deliberately quit your mother's business and took up a lesser paying job as you wanted to deprive her of her legal rights? 

1 Like

Rishi kumar   31 August 2017

Respected Radhika Mehta, 

we are a middle class law abiding family. We had our position and respect in the society. When wife barged into my parents house with 15 of her relatives and assaulted and abused all of us in filthy language, my and and sick parents could not take it. They fell sick. Of course I was only working there as a salaried employee. They are not in any kind of position to take up production which thy were doing previously. And as such it was not any big business. When production comes down I have no future in such a firm. So I grabbed the first job that came my way. That was it. And I am working there since more  15 months. 

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     01 September 2017

I completely understand and respect what you have stated.  I was just trying to understand your wife's case.  Anyways, best of luck to you. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register