Upgrad LLM

illegally occupied grant land


My grand father lost his 10 acres land for irrigation project. As a compensation he got 2.20 acres of land along with other people of the village. Our neighbour land owners sold their grant land to the landlord of that locality. We are the only people who have not sold our grant land to that person. All the other 72 people who got grant land have sold their land to that said landlord and to their children.

      That landlord made several attempts to purchase our land, but we dont want to sell our land, as we depend on agriculture. So firstly he made road in the mid of the land, we took permanent injunction on that in the concerned civil court. Now his children who have purchased our neighbor's land have illegally occupied our .20 guntas of land. We again went to civil court to remove mud road constructed by them and to evict the land which is illegally occupied by them, but our advocate is not showing interest in surveying of the said land.

   In the grant paper no road is mentioned in our Grant land.

    We approached several authorities i.e DC and other revue officials, to do the survey of the land and to evict, but all our efforts are in vain, Since the said landlord is politically strong.

    My question is can we go for High Court asking them to direct Revenue Officials to do the Survey of Land, when there is a Civil Suit is pending in Civil Court from Past 7 years. Our land is a grant land and we belong to Schedule Tribe. How to remove the mud road constructed by the landlord in the mid of the Land and How to take back our entire 2.20 acres of land to our possession.? Please advice.


Janav Nayak






Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x