LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aftab4u (PVT EMPLOYEE)     18 January 2010

If register post not received !

If any communication like register posts not received nor any acknowledgement is there can the opposite person file a case.

" Tata Indicom bill fully paid and the person who is using the mobile has expired 6 months back but taken the LL on their sons name and there is no communication to their family members for the remaining dues coz they have not received any call / no letters / no bills / no person visited " suddenly they have sent one letter from advocate that the dues are 5000/- and it should be cleared immediately or else they will file a case "


with out knowing the dues not receiving any bills every month and not used the phone from past 8 months why we need to pay the bill ? can we file a defamation case against the Tata.

Pls advise.




 7 Replies


You need not pay. You can seek clarification from the TATA office. If the office does any malpractice or cheat you, you can make file a case in consumer forum. It doesn't come under defamation.

Shamsheer Pal Singh Dhillon (law associate)     18 January 2010

Be specific what have you got? A notice from the advocate or a summon from the court. It is better you ask an advocate to reply on the behalf of the legal notice and You can also send an application to the concerned telephone department seeking the details of the number. If you have actually not used the connection then you can simply prove it. As per best of my information if you don not reply you will get a summon from lok adalat. Then u can mutually settle the matter may be just for 1000rs at the max.

Dont worry, its just a petty issue.

With Warm Regards,

Shamsheer Pal Singh Dhillon


sunil pagare (lawyer)     18 January 2010

Send the reply to  this  notice & ask the call detail's .U cannot file defamation case aginst the co.

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     18 January 2010

You can go to consumer forum for compensation for mental agoney.

Feroz M Shafeeque (Police Officer)     19 January 2010

Better to neglect indicom legal notices. They have stocked them in their shelves and once in a while send to their customers.


I also received a similar notice from tata indicom after disconnecting the phone 2 years back.  The bill was for Rs. 250. I suspected that I missed some bills and immediately paid the amount.

Lo.. after 1 month I received a DD for Rs.280 from Tata Indicom to my address stating that it is the balance amount due to me after clearing all the bills.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     19 January 2010

 Tata Telecom won't listen. Write to TRAI and Dept of Telecommunication.

Aftab4u (PVT EMPLOYEE)     21 January 2010




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register