Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Icici prudential lifestage pension policy complaint

Page no : 2

Job Anbalagan (Dy. Chief Vigilance Officer (Retd))     05 July 2013

I am also a victim of this fraud, having invested a total sum of Rs.1.70 lakhs in two policies in 2011.  I did not pay the premium for the subsequent two years.  I made this one time investment hoping to get some returns after three years. I find my signatures forged on some documents.  This is a case of fraud by forging my signatures.  Hence, the whole agreement can be treated as null and void.  The best option is to finally approach the consumer court after sending a legal notice to the bank. The terms and conditioons cannot be read easily through our naked eyes as we have to use a binocular.  I believe this is deliverately done by the bank so that we may not go through the terms and conditioons before affixing our signatures.  My mobile number is 9810806532.  My email id is: jobanbalagan@gmail.com

I think it would be better all of us join together in drafting a legal notice to the ICICI bank and then moving the consumer courts. In the meantime, we can lodge a police complaint against the bank for forging our singatures.  The bank should be vicariously held responsible for the acts of their agents or employees. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 July 2013

As rightly pointed out by Mr. Anbalagan:

---- if the signatures are forged the whole agreement should be treated as null and void.

-----The affected citizens should form a community and join hands

* to take back hard earned monies from bank.

* to sue the bank.

* approach the regulators IRDA and Ministry of Finance

* Police

* Criminal Court

And spread the knowledge of modus operandi of these life insurance companies……………and how to proceed against them……………

If next citizen who is exploited by such companies knows that there is a community/NGO…………….to guide, support and help, more and more citizens shall come forward, to expose them………………..and seek penalty to be imposed on these habitual offenders………………………

The link on IRDA website has already been posted in this thread…………………

“The Regulation of Protection of Policy Holders Interest”

”Guidelines on Grievance Redressal”

“Guidelines on Orphan Policies”

“Treatment of Discontinued Linked Policies”

“Life Insurance handbook”

Attached File : 803207318 irda protection of policy holders interest(1).rtf, 803207318 guidelines on grievance redressal.pdf, 803207318 guidelines on orphan policies.pdf downloaded: 91 times

Job Anbalagan (Dy. Chief Vigilance Officer (Retd))     06 July 2013

Yesterday I visited the ICICI Prudential Life Insurance office in Netaji Subhas Place in Delhi and lodged a formal complaint of fraud.  In the complaint, I have stated as follows: 

After retirement from the Government (Central Vigilance Commission) /Central Public Sector services, I had  invested a sum of Rs.2 lakhs in the fixed deposit of the ICICI Vabk branch in Rohini, Sector-13.  During my visit to the Bank branch in Rohini, I came across the ICICI prudential Life Insurance officials in this branch who approached me for a better investment plan.  As a retired government official, I was carried away by the assurances of good return on my investment given by the officials concerned whose names I do not remember.  As suggested by them, I took two polices i.e. one for investing Rs.one lakh and another for investing Rs.70,000/-.  These investments were paid as my premium for these two policies.  Copies of these two policies are attached. 

2.  I was assured by the officials concerned that after the period of 3 years of locking period, I can get back the amounts invested by me with adequate returns after deducting the necessary charges. I have now received two notices from you asking me to make payment of premium totaling Rs.3,40,000/- by 20th August, 2013, failing which my policies would be foreclosed and the amount due to me refunded. 

3.  I have now come to know that I would be receiving only about 30% of what I had invested as my  remium. 

4.  Kindly note that the terms and conditions printed on the agreement are not easily readable through naked eyes.  You cannot expect your client not to believe what you have assured through your word of mouth.  Merely signing an agreement with you cannot be treated as an acceptance of the terms and conditions of the contract. To my great surprise, I find my signature forged on the copy of application form No.39347688 in respect of my policy No.14398365.  Though I signed in the column for my signature, my signature as proposer in two places is found to be forged.   Kindly note that forgery of signatures is a criminal offense for which the ICICI Prudential can be held vicariously responsible for the acts of their agents or employees.  If a part of the application form is signed by some unknown agent or employee forging my signature, the whole agreement can be treated as null and void. The copy of my application form in respect of policy No.14355733 is not attached with my policy.  I believe that my signature must have been forged on this application too. 

6.  Had I been truly informed about the risk of losing 70% of the money at the time of my making first premium, I would not have ventured to join this dubious pension scheme. 

7.  It appears that you have violated Regulation 4(6) of IRDA (Protection of Policyholders' Interests) Regulations 2002 by not protecting the interests of the policy holders, especially on disclosures , coverage of risk and settlement of benefits and by failing to take all measures so as to ensure that regulatory provisions are not deviated.

5.  Before I take up the matter with the Economic Offences Wing for causing financial loss to me deliberately through a fraud and with the IRDA/RBI and the consumer forum, I request you to amicably settle my claims by refunding the amount paid by me with normal interest...."

They have taken note of my formal complaint for taking action in the matter of fraud. They have assured to take action in a period of 10 days. Kindly advice me what I have to do further if I do not receive any reply.  I am given to understand that there is some other forum for aggrieved investors other than consumer forum.  Can you enlighten me in this regard?

Job Anbalagan

SURESH GODBOLE (ADVOCATE)     06 July 2013

Qestion is not of your signatures.

Qustion is of your payment of Premium, which you have paid is a FACT.

Ignorance of Law is No Excuse . If you have signed the papers and remitted the amount as Premium , then YOU HAVE REMITTED THE AMOUNT IS A FACT.

The question remains signing documents AFTER BEING MISLED BY THE AGENTS . YOUR POLICY MUST HAVE THE AGENTS NAME . TELL ICICI , that YOU WERE MISLED and told of Gurantteed Returns and NEVER TOLD THAT THE INVESTMENT IS LINKED WITH MARKET.  ALSO TELL THAT YOU WERE NEVER TOLD THAT IF THE MARKET FALLS , there is a risk if loosing of whatever YOU ARE PAYING.

IF THEY DONT BUDGE , THE  BEST COURSE IF TO FILE AN FIR OF FRAUD  , MISREPRESENTATION AND ALLURING ONE BY SHOWING LOFTY DREAMS. THE FIR BE MADE AGAINST ICICI AND THE MD .and THEIR AGENT . .

With regards , Suresh Godbole , 0-9929596546

AnonTN (Consultant)     06 October 2014

Mr Job would have better luck pursuing his case as one of forgery. I hope he has got his money back with interest by now, but if not, then that would be the best way to get ICICI to settle the matter.

I got a refund with interest (of 7.5%) last July (2013). Looking back, it is best if you don't get carried away by the sweet talk of high "guaranteed" returns, excel spreadsheets, and graphs, and read through everything before putting your signature. In my case, although I did put my signature in a blank application, ICICI made that into an online application, that was digitally signed. Which means you can't prove anything. Whatever ICICI says becomes true, because everything was done online, and whatever is done online is under ICICI's control.

I pursued the issue through emails, focusing on the inconsistencies, in particular a paper application changing into an online, digital one. For someone to read through my emails, and decide to settle the issue is not easy. They have to go against the flow of the organisation, and their profits. Very few people will stand up and say this is not right, and fix it. So I'm glad, that a lady in ICICI decided to make a final settlement.

Good luck to others with their policies, and thank you everyone for your advice and support. Thanks to Lawyers Club India for providing this forum.

Regards,

/-

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register