LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sushant   11 August 2015

Icici billing me for fraudulent transactions

On 14-July-2015, I have logged-in to my internet banking savings account 0088XX02XXXX which is linked to my credit card and I noticed that there were 10 fraudulent transactions occurred on my credit card number 5176 XXXX 3927 XXXX for total amount of 59320.58 from 9-July-2015 to 12-july-2015.Fraudulent transactions Details are attached with this post.

When the above mentioned transactions were initiated by fraudster I haven’t received any transaction alert from ICICI bank on my register mobile number, neither the one time password due to which I was not able to block my credit card at that time and as result of which fraudster was able to make multiple transactions on my credit card of amount 59320.58.

Overall seen nature of transactions by fraudster & non intimation of neither transaction alert nor one time password due to which I was not able to prevent fraudster from making multiple transactions on above mentioned credit card.

I have immediately reported above mentioned fact to customer services at ICICI Bank and blocked the said credit card on 14-july-2015 (SR375233370) and logged complaint no. SR375365799 on 15-july-2015 and SR376793309 on 28-July-2015.

I have also notified bank that these are fraudulent transactions and I should not be held responsible for these and as a responsible bank you should not be paying the merchant in any case.

On my complaint request, Dispute department informed me that they will investigate on fraudulent transactions and will give temporary credit till the dispute is resolved. They have also insisted me to send dispute form at customerdisputes@icicibank.com  in order to confirm that I haven’t done the fraudulent transactions which I have already sent on 16-July-2015.

On 30th July for the follow up of SR375365799, SR376793309 I had called up your bank’s customer care center  however the response received from the customer care officer was “they have consider only 3 transactions  as a disputed transactions, rest 7 transaction cannot be consider as disputed transaction as they are 3D secure transaction”.

As I haven’t got one time password and transaction alert for any of the fraudulent transactions I have requested them to investigate and provide a charge back on 7 transactions as these transactions are not authorized by me however they refused to do the same.

Overall instead of agreeing upon their negligence ICICI bank is out rightly denning it and insisting me for making payments of fraud transactions made by unknown fraudster which is amounting to irresponsibility and creating discomfort to me.

As responsible citizen I have logged a police FIR for these fraudulent transactions, attaching a copy of the same with this post

I have also requested ICICI Bank to take following actions in order to resolve the dispute on fraudulent transactions.

1. Charge back on my credit card account for fraudulent transactions before 7-Aug-2015 to avoid interest and principal on fraudulent transactions billed by them in future also.
  2. Investigation on fraudulent  transactions
  3. Stop payment to merchants for fraudulent transactions to avoid funding to antisocial elements as maximum fraudulent transactions has taken place IRCTC where railway, flights and hotel booking are done.

However they have refused take any actions on above mentioned points.

Can any one please help me on this issue.

Thanks-

Sushant

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register