IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

syed ahamed (Own)     26 November 2008

I want to give my home for rental, if I don’t like tenant activity, to vacate them what are the documents I should have according to Indian law

I want to give my home for rental, if I don’t like tenant activity, to vacate them what are the documents I should have according to Indian law


 8 Replies

SANJEEV SRIVASTAVA (LAWYER)     26 November 2008

give on lease or license. because its easy to vacate. 

Adv.Shine Thomas (Advocate)     26 November 2008

You make a licence agreement for a period of 11 months.It is the easy way.

Shree. ( Advocate.)     26 November 2008

Dear Syed ahamed Sir,

There are many options for giving the property on rent but the most appropriate option is to give your property on rent under live and license for the period of eleven months. This procedure has been approved by Indian laws and the owners would have minimum problems in giving their property on rent. The legal agreement is to be made for such live and license procedure on non judicial stamp paper valuing to Rs.100. Such stamp papers can be purchased from any stamp vendors available outside the court building. You will need to give your full name and the detailed address while purchasing such stamp paper. The stamp paper must be bought in the name of the property owner and not in the name of the tenant. After this, the standard legal draft is to get typed on this stamp paper. Such standard draft can be easily available from any practicing lawyer or from any licensed notaries in your locality.

1 Like

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     27 November 2008

11 months agreement with tenent is the common practice with specific conditions and special conditions.

Sundaresan K (Software Engineer)     02 December 2008

After the 11 months period is over , if I want the tenant to vacate the property how should I go about it , if the tenant is not willing to do so(my property is in Tamilnadu)

ca.bhupendrashah (FCADISA)     02 December 2008


Rajadiraja (Advocate/consultant )     05 September 2009

I  would suggest you first get to know the background of the proposed tenant through proper enquiries.   Once you decide on the person, it is better you register the tenancy with the local jurisdictional police (form available with the police station).  Better go for leave and license for 11 months as suggested by other friends above.  The leave and license agreement shall contain all crucial clauses and this procedure will help you in getting the tenant vacated / evicted at a later date when a problem crops up.

Suryakiran (clerk)     14 December 2009

Can any body get the format for Live and Licence agreement.  i am going to give my new flat on rent.  please suggest the 'specifice conditions'

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query