LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nilesh madane   19 March 2018

I have purchased Ansestral property from his son

Mr. Popat sold 62.50 sqm (out of 125 sqm) Ansestral property to one of his son Mr. David in Feb 2015 and I have purchased it from David in Jul 2017. My name is also recorded to Land record office. Mr Popat also made registered Will on the name of his 6 married daughter's far same property.
Now, David's sister's want back this 62.50 sqm land and threatening me. Please guide me I am safe or not. Kindly use simple English wording.
Ownership details:
Rupaji-Owner till 1975-Grandfather
Popat-owner till 2015-Father
David-owner till 2017-Seller
Nilesh-present owner (myself)

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 March 2018

'Buyer Beware' applies to property deals.

It shall be appropriate to get proper legal opinion from a very able local senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in revenue/property/civil/DRT matters before signing or making payment.

This may cost some FEE but can defend long term interest and hard earned monies.

Which personal law applies in this case or all involved in family of seller/owner were/are Hindu?

Who is D? Is IT David?

Pls don’t use short forms and write full names!

What was land holding of 1st owner in Chain e.g; Rupaji and then each one in Chain till your seller; 62.5 sqm or more?

How did land change hands say by inheritance or any other instrument/registered deed e.g; WILL/Gift/sale/transfer etc etc?

What is date/month/year of death of each owner in chain?

Was mutation record updated for each transfer of ownership and did you get copy of mutations records with all link docs e.g; daet certificate/legal heir certificate/NOC by legal heirs /relinquishment-release-transfer deed etc ?

The said land is in which state?

Is it agricultural land or rural , urban etc ?

Is said sister married?

What is her date/month/year of marriage?

Generically speaking; If Popat’s ownership of land was  62.5sqm without any effects and he sold in his life time despite having signed WILL then sale by him may nullify the WILL…

If ownership of your seller was 62.5sqm without any effects then you may have NO reason to apprehend…sale deed becoming null and void…

Let the said registered WILL seed day of light…

Maintain your possession of property..

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     26 March 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Since your case is complicated case as such I require documents and same may be send to my email/PM (personal mail) for detailed legal advise.

With regards,

Legal Expert

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register