LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mrs.S.Kumar (non)     15 October 2018

Husband seeking divorce

Sir, It's nearly 13 yrs since we got married. Have a girl child of 7 yrs old. Now my husband wanted to divorce me. His reasons are that i am not cleaning the house, not cooking well, not looking after him etc .....But he know that these reasons doesn't work with laws and now trying to say that as a lady i am not suitable to run a family life. Any more. After giving a birth to a hold i do not know how he can say this. Actually as husband and wife we didn't have any relationship for the past 3 yrs as he was always blaming me for cooking and cleaning etc.....I am a part time worker and doesn't employ any servants sice we got married.i do all the household works and ge never help me. I don't want to agree with divorce, because I need him as the father of my child and also i am a foreigner. I don't have any of my relatives or friends for me here. He is very adamant and forcing me to come and sign for mutual divorce so that he do not want to pay any compensation. I Do not want to agree for divorce. But if he is still standing on it finally i need a compensation. Because my parents have helped him a lot financially for his Business, and emergencies etc......How can I just leave him without any compensation i need to look after my life as well as my Child's future. Need your advise.

Learning

2 Replies

Siddharth Jain   15 October 2018

If you want a monetary compensation for him, you can file a petition for maintenance under section 125 CrPC in order to claim maintenance for yourself and your daughter if you are unable to maintain yourself from your own income.

Also, giving divorce is not necessary in order to claim maintenance from the husband as it is the legal liability of the spouse who is earning to maintain the other spouse and the child as per law.

For any other queries feel free to contact me at isidjain1@gmail.com

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     18 October 2018

you can first seek maintenance 125 crpc and Dv act , and u can also.file complaint u der 498 A ipc for seeking dowry . email case filed by him to give you proper advise. feel free to call and contest your case wisely .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register