Husband appearance in court ??

Respected member`s and friends,

In last year my wife register 498a and dv 2005 on me and my family.  I have job in Surat, Gujrat and my parents in pune. So my my query is that .. my inlaw`s and her lawyer brought pressure on judge  to husband have to personally appear in court ? everytime there is a hearing ? is it true ???? ( My dad and my sis attend every date in court )

if yes then how to escape from this ? any remedy for this ???

Pls. Thanks.


if you apprehend for  arrest, apply for anticipatory bail and attend the court proceeding, if you avoid court proceeding, it will have more ramifications.

Total likes : 1 times


IT professional Studying Law

@Karan, Who is representing you for 498a/DV ? Do you have a lawyer, if yes then you can provide a GPA to your lawyer so that you are exempted to appear before court on every hearing.

You can also ask your lawyer to work on the modalities of removing your parents name in the DV case.He should be knowing all this.In DV case you need not attend each and every hearing by virtue of your GPA.

In 498a, you need to seek AC bail for you and your family members  if there is single iota of doubt that a arrest could be made. In this case personal presence is advised.

Total likes : 2 times




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x