Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roshan (XYZ)     05 August 2014

Huf property purchase

Dear Experts,

I have come across a property which is under construction and the first owner of the property is a Karta having an HUF account. The property is purchased solely on his name as Karta of the HUF.

I require an advice on the below aspects:

1. Can we purchase such a property from the Karta of HUF without registration?

2. Can we proceed on doing registration in our name before the HUF gets a possession?

3. The builder has imposed some additional charges in terms of development if the property is being sold to a second owner, if still under construction. Hence, can we book the property and refrain from doing registration till the first owner gets possession and then wait for our registration later?

4. As per point 3 above, what do I have to be pracautious about? If the Karta is not alive untill possession, can someone part of HUF challenge this?

5. Can we ask Karta to create a irrevocable Power of Attorney against the purchaser name by paying the booking amount. The remaining amount being paid post registration (as we will have to avail loan) with clause to pay specific amounts in intervals or pay interest (say 10%) on the remaining amount per annum?

6. Is it possible to take a home loan if we have a Power of Attorney?

Please clarify the above questions at the earliest.

Regards,

Roshan

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register