LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pranoy (a)     30 September 2012

How to transfer property after father's death

My father has expired, he had two properties in his name. My mother wishes to transfer one  property each to both her Son's directly. My father has left NO will or family partion deee.  The properties are located in Karnataka. We would like to know What is the correct / legal process of tranfering these properties in the name of the Son's.

Request your valuable suggestions.

Learning

2 Replies

S F KHATRI (Lawyer)     30 September 2012

Kindly take evaluation of both the property, and make a family partition deed with the consent of your mother, because she is also the equal co-owener of the same property, and better you consult local property lawyer along with property documents so he/she can guide you more properly.

Sabir Bose (Service)     01 October 2012

In both the properties after  your father died intestate, there equal share for your mother & her 2 sons, if no daughter is there. Hence, both the properties get divided in three parts. For effecting physical partition, you yourselves can execute partition deed & get the same registered. If your mother wants to gift her share of properties to both he sons, she can do by executing Gift Deed & getting the same registered.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register