LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

How to teach BSES a lesson ??

BSES Rajdhani Power Ltd.(A Reliance and Delhi Govt.joint venture) sent me notice to show cause ,why I should not be prosecuted for theft of electricity,calling me at their office 25 Kms away from my place,for which I visited them and gave them a reply in written showing several causes that why I should not be prosecuted for theft of electricity.

Now the question is I have raised several points to prove that BSES itself is at fault.

Like they install meters at open,common place, which are accessible to one and all.

They are providing meters,whose readings can be increased and decreased without tampering their seals and BSES is well aware of this.BSES itself might be using some device to increase readings of meters to fleece money from its consumers.

While providing a fresh meter,there is no way for consumers to get a meter checked that it is not pre-tampered,so BSES can easily install a pre-tampered meter and later on frame the consumer for theft of electricity.

Even if a meter is found faulty due to some manufacturing defect or normal wear and tear,they accuse the consumers for tampering it and demand huge amount of money as penalty.

They even charge this money according to the total load connected as if all the equipments connected are switched on all the times.

My point is,can I send a show cause notice to BSES,that why they should not be prosecuted for all such irregularities ,similarly as they sent me a show cause notice

Or

Suggest me the right path to set the things right ,save me and thousands other righteous consumers like me from atrocities of BSES, to teach BSES a lesson ??

Learning

1 Replies

Daksh (Student)     24 September 2010

Dear Me-thinks,

At the onset I am of the considerate view that you should take other suffering consumers in the confidence and put the BSES to notice by enumerating all the facts and circumstances.  Thereafter file a consumer complaint alleging deficiency of service and unfair trade practice.

In the alternate you can also approach the High Court in its Writ jurisdiction.

Best Regards

Daksh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register